One in three women around the world is subjected to physical, sexual or some other form of violence during her lifetime. Between 2010 and 2012 we examined the situation in ten countries. In each country we met women who had survived violence and people working for change. With the help of relatives we were also able to tell the story of a woman who had been killed. You can see the result at www.causeofdeathwoman.com, where you will find 150 articles from all over the world. You can also download course material and a Do-It-Yourself exhibition
The project is the work of Karin Alfredsson, Linda Forsell and Kerstin Weigl together with the Swedish Association of Women’s Shelters and Young Women’s Empowerment Centres, SKR. Funding was received from, among others, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and the Sigrid Rausing Trust.
The Swedish Association of Women’s Shelters and Young Women’s Empowerment Centres (SKR) represents around one hundred women’s shelters, young women’s empowerment centres and other organisations working for an equal society free from violence. SKR is not affiliated to any political party or religion.
- cause_of_death_woman_85708.jpgjpeg, 5.56 MB
- cause_of_death_woman_43550.jpgjpeg, 9.85 MB
- cause_of_death_woman_17966.jpgjpeg, 9.23 MB
- cause_of_death_woman_81780.jpgjpeg, 8.57 MB
- 2832kongo_redigera_jpg_65616.jpgjpeg, 9.23 MB
- bildtexter_pressbilder_10099.docmsword, 25.5 KB
- pressbild_karin_lindao_ch_kerstin_86603.jpgjpeg, 4.36 MB
- logo_cause_of_death_woman_14751.jpgjpeg, 33.78 KB